I had an absolutely amazing, wonderful, exciting, BRILLIANT time at the Day On The Green on the 25th January! INXS and Train are two bands that I really love, and to be able to see them both live in the one day and so close was absolutely breathtaking. I was in the second row for Train before someone switched seats with me for INXS and I was right at the front, directly facing them. I could not have been any closer (well, unless I was on stage with them). Because I could go on and on, I’ll keep it simple in point form.
– Heat was so intense sweat was poring off everyone, they even had a ‘mist tent’ set up so people could walk through and cool down.
– A band called The Baby Animals played first, I had not heard of them before and I thought they were good, very energetic and had a strong stage presence.
– Train came out and absolutely rocked my world. Lead singer Pat Monahan has a beautiful voice, strong stage presence and is very funny. He was doing some funky dance movies, making faces and cracking jokes.
– Train singer Pat Monahan jumped off the stage and walked around the crowd, he came past the front and he reached over for a high five so I of course took that opportunity!
– INXS came out in suits (I don’t know how they could handle it, it was so warm)
– They played a lot of classic songs and some of the Switch album. They did play a few mixed versions of old songs, but off the new album (remixed Orgional Sin) I was not pleased with this album but hearing the songs live and being caught in the moment made things seem different haha.
– They had a break, came back dressed in costumes. J.D Fortune was wearing a bull hat with horns, it looked funny but strangely cool at the same time (you had to be there)
– They played an absolutely moving version of Don’t Change which did make me quite emotional, and I could tell moved the crowd and even them while they preformed it.
– J.D throw Vodka over those of us in the front, it was refreshing hahh!
Night was amazing. :O
You can view some photos and videos from the links below, yay. ;p
Train Album, INXS Album, Youtube Profile (videos are slowly being uploaded)
Hope you had a good time!
Soooo glad you had a great time! I know how much you love INXS. I don’t really like Train’s newer stuff but their old stuff was gold. I actually went to my first show last week, it was more intimate and at a small venue with airconditioning. Probably because the acts were not really all that popular. It was great though, I got to meet and talk to some of them which was amazing!
No doubt any other shows I go to will probably be more like what you experienced – hot and sweaty. XD
Thanks so much for the review and pictures!! I’m a huge JD Fortune and INXS fan and they always put on a fantastic show. I saw the pics of JD in the buffalo hat and thought it was strangely cool too!! I’ll be seeing them in Toronto in March — can’t wait!!