Wading through the darkness
The past few months have been extremely challenging. I have faced the loss of a loved one, cared for my mother while she recovered and muddled my way through University. Through it all, I still keep fighting. Supported by amazing friends and striving to help those I cherish, I have never been alone.
😢 Losing A Friend
When you lose someone you love, it hurts. You no longer have the privilege of being in their presence or watching them grow and forge their path in life. It pains considerably more when that person is young. Last week I lost a friend. He was such a smart, kind, amazing person. He fought so hard over the previous two years with the vile parasite that is cancer. I grieve because he is no longer on this earth and no longer with his beautiful mother. I grieve because I won’t see him ever again. Through all the sadness, I am still so lucky to have known him.
💝 Caring For Mum
My mum recently had a major operation to remove a large tumour. We are so thankful it was benign (not cancerous) and that her healing process has been going well. It was particularly stressful to wait during the operation. I found myself constantly worrying that something would go wrong. I cared for her during her recovery, and she has made significant progress.
It was a difficult time to have my mum recovering and a friend so sick. There were times when I felt the cold hands of depression, trying to drag me down. I fought laboriously and found diversion through University and other projects.
Through all the challenges I was meeting, my performance in the class Narratives: Production and Performance was well below my usual standards. The class itself was intriguing, to learn and develop my understanding of narrative and to jump into audio and video production. My performances were another story 😂.
I finished the class with a final grade of 78% and considering everything, I am happy with that. If the circumstances were different, I know I would have had the time and motivation to do better.
🌜 Blog Changes
I have made a few changes on my blog. After completing my University class, it helped to distract me from everything.
- I imported all posts from my study blog
- I added posts with my freebies
- I created a tutorial on Editing Digital Vector Art in Adobe Illustrator
- I created a tutorial on Editing Digital Vector Art in Adobe Photoshop
- I changed the theme and made several changes on the CSS to suit my style
✨ Other News
- 🚙 I sold my car because I didn’t drive it enough and it was a considerable expense
- 🛍 I was approved to open a store on Creative Market (I am working on some vector designs)
- 💖 I continued adding designs to Cute Magic
- 📺 🎮 I spent other free time binging on Netflix and playing games on PS4
- Have you lost someone close to you?
- What helped you to cope?