The first month of 2018 has come to an end and it’s time to reflect on my January 2018. January was a month of creative challenges and exploration. I battled art-block and found the inspiration to practice character sketches and capture macro photographs.
📚 Book Update
Progress on my third children’s book has been slow. I have reached the illustration stage and found I had a lot of difficulties getting the style right. I think part of the problem (besides the art-block) is the fact I have high expectations of what I should create. It’s because I care deeply about the book and want it to be ‘perfect‘. The truth is perfection is unattainable. I can only create the best I can at this stage of my creative journey. 😊
🎨📷 Creative Pursuits
While I did have art-block in creating digital art for my book, I found the inspiration for sketching and photography. It was an enjoyable exercise to try different mediums and approach creativity from various avenues.
I had plans to take photographs of the super blue blood moon. However, there was substantial cloud cover, and the moon was not visible. 😭
🧠 Mental Health
My mental health suffered a blow in January 2018 when I fell into art-block. I found that my confidence was very low and I had so much doubt in my abilities. I have slowly been gaining momentum and trying to remind myself that’s it’s okay, and I am capable of creating my new book. It may just take some more time, and that’s cool. 😎
☁️ Other News
- I have new glasses! 👓
- What I thought was facial dermatitis or eczema, turned out to be rosacea. It’s a skin condition that created redness on my nose and face. It has been quite embarrassing for several years. Thankfully I was given a new cream to use, and it has been helping.
- I have some exciting news happening in February… 🐶
- What did you do in January 2018?
- Have any plans for February?
- Have you ever had a skin condition?