Hello 2021, and please,
let’s try something a little positive this time around? ✨💖
It’s been a wild ride in the last twelve months. 2020 was… a disaster 💩. From the catastrophic fires in Australia to the unimaginable reality of a global pandemic, we have all been challenged in extraordinary ways 😔. The scale of COVID and the lives lost is devastating. It’s hard to believe that so much could happen in one year.
During these turbulent winds of 2020, I found that I was mentally stronger than the previous year. Mum continued to heal, my close friendships grew deeper, and even in isolation, I did not feel alone.
As in previous years, study occupied a large amount of my time. As an online student, I was not affected too much, and classes ran mostly as normal. My classes included Indigenous Cultures, Histories & Contemporary Realities and Ethics and Law for creative industries. They were both big subjects and crucial, especially as the world focused on the importance of #blacklivesmatter and the racial inequality that affects Indigenous peoples and POC. I learned so much and aspired to be an ally to invoke a positive change.
When I was not studying, I spent time creating digital art, taking photographs and making websites. I found a new love of the art of website design that I had not felt in many years. In the past, I had focussed on the coding in HTML and CSS. In 2020 I found the magic of Elementor. Instead of feeling challenged about all the variables of responsive design, I could focus on the visual. It was an exciting reconnection to something I look forward to exploring further in 2021.
👑 2020 Highlights
Or possible things in 2020 that were not entirely horrible
- 🤩 Attended an Elton John concert in January
- ⛰ Visited Capertee Valley
- 🔥🚒 Attended the Fire Fight Australia concert
- 🎓 Completed Indigenous Cultures, Histories & Contemporary Realities and Ethics & Law for creative industries at CSU
- 💼 Updated by business website Klue and assisted several new clients with logos and websites
- 🔤 Created Luddle Font Family
- 🔤 Created Pixelly Font
- 🧸 I accidentally started collecting Funko Pops
- 🛒 Worked on my Creative Market shop
- 💛 Worked on Cute Magic with new designs
- 📱 Upgrade to the iPhone Pro Max 12
- ⌚️ Upgraded to an Apple Watch, Series 6
- 📍 Updated Bloglist Me*
- 🖼 Updated my portfolio*
✨ 2021 Goals
- 👩🏻 Allow time to understand and reflect on my mental health
- 🎓 Devote a lot of time to the photography subjects I will study
- 🎨 Express my creativity through digital art and photography and experiment with different mediums
- 👩🏻💻 Make meaningful connections with other likeminded creatives
- 📗 Complete my third children’s book
* Technically I completed these in 2021… but I did most of the work in 2020 🤣.
How did you cope in 2020? Did you find some positives? What are your plans for 2021? Let me know in the comments below 💖.