For this Five on Friday I want to talk about five habits that I have that are predominant in my life at the moment.
- Smoking. Not a very good habit and one that I want to change.
- Getting distracted. I may start with the best intentions of doing something but I get very easily distracted. Focus, focus, focus!
- Sleeping. I love to sleep. I dream so many weird and usual things. Although it may be nice, it doesn’t help to accomplish tasks and is not healthy (to sleep a really loooong time).
- Journal writing & daily photography. This is a new habit and one that I am glad I am sticking too. I have been keeping a daily journal (old school writing with a pen) and making sure to take photographs everyday and uploading them to my 365 project profile and on flickr. I don’t always have the best photographs to share at the moment because some days I run out of time (see habit number 2 and 3, also trying to finish designs).
- Communication. One bad habit I have is that I am not always good at either communicating with people or keeping in constant communication. It’s not something that I mean to do, and it really annoys me that I loose track of time and suddenly it has been a month since I called a friend or emailed them. Must not let time sleep so easily away.
I also missed blogging yesterday, so I will try and make next weeks post on Geek Thursday an interesting one. *fingers crossed*
I started a project365 on Tumblr because I find it so easy to upload straight there from my iPod, haha! I didn’t think of Flickr! Except they only show the 200 most recent photos for non-premium members so that might not have done any good, boo. 🙂
But I love your photography, Kya! Don’t put it down! I think any photograph is beautiful. You’re capturing a single moment in time and no matter what it turns out as, it was something that – at one point or another – you deemed worthy of capturing and remembering forever. 🙂
I admire you who are doing the 365 Project. I guess my plan is just to “try” to take daily photographs. But also remember to enjoy the real life moments – sometimes I spend too much time on photographing life, than living it (in the moment) 😛
Getting distracted is one of my habits I need to break – I never get things finished that I need to. Good luck with your 365 Project! I’ve thought about doing one but just have never started one.
I can totally relate to getting distracted – I have the attention span of a gnat! :x_x GONK
My mom used to smoke a pack a day, and she was only able to stop through some kind of laser surgery. She’s been clean for almost 6 years though! Good luck. <3
I've tried 365 projects and I'm not very good at them at all. :c I get too busy or become really unmotivated (which is one of my "habits"). I really like what you're doing with your blog, with something each day. Really cool!
I share your #3 and #5 habits. I just love sleeping. It always gives me a good feeling. It feels like all my problems will just drift away when I go to sleep. 😀
I’m lousy when it comes to communicating with people. I can talk to people when it’s absolutely necessary, but I am terrible keeping in touch with friends. 😡
But all the best to you and your 365 project. Hope you’ll stick to it to the end. 😀
I want to wish you the best of luck in changing your smoking habit. I am also easily distracted, and I love to sleep…I am trying to keep from falling asleep right now. 🙁 As for the journal writing, I am definitely wanting to start doing this on a daily basis myself…I even got a new journal for Christmas. Photography is another thing that I’d love to do more of, but I never can think of anything to take pictures of beyond my dog. 🙁 As for communication, isn’t it a two-way street? I’ve never understood feeling guilty about losing touch with someone, when they are just as capable of sending a letter or making a phone call. 🙂
I can relate to the smoking habit. I smoke too damn much! 4_4
My mother smoked cigarettes for many years and she just recently quit a few years ago. She prayed about it and God answered her prayers. Therefore if she can do it, you can do it too! Don’t ever doubt yourself 🙂
I’m easily distracted too! I sit down at the computer and I always start with one thing which is checking my e-mail. Then within the next 5 minutes I have 20 tabs open for Craigslist, school work, my blog & comments section, calculators (not even taking a math class, LOL)! It’s horrible! So don’t feel too bad about being distracted. I need to focus better too 🙂
I don’t think we share any habits haha. But I really wish I was able to do the 365 project with the pictures. I’ve tried to do it a few times but I can’t seem to remember every day. And if I did take pictures every day, I forget to upload them to the computer lol.
Hey Kya! How are you doing? I haven’t heard from you since we last chatted on MSN. Anyway, I like your Friday Five thing. I too dream weird and unusual dreams. It’s really bizarre. And half of the time, it’s about people I’ve either dated, or what have you. It’s very bizarre. I would change how I’m lazy in some areas like folding clothes (very bad at that I’d like to leave them in the basket after they came out of the dryer but I need to fold my clothes since I washed them on Sunday if it wasn’t Saturday and they’re not folded yet! :O ). Anyway, I’ve linked you and was wondering if you’d like to do the same?
Well; I’d better get going having a fun afternoon today with my little sister. Going to a Zoo with her and her Godmother. :). Can’t wait!