This will be a bit smaller then I would like, mainly because I have a cold and it’s starting to make me pretty blah. Hopefully I will get over it quickly!
I love Australian music, not just because I am Australian (harhar) I just love the whole sound it has. Something about it seems different, maybe because it feels comforting that these singers have the same weird accent as me (;p) or that the whole ‘pub/bar band’ sound really rocks, heh. Or maybe, I am just proud because they are Aussies and have done well, even at least to my own ears. ;D
– I love this band, sincerely and truly. The most often asked question by INXS fans is do you like the old or the new. I don’t believe anyone could ever replace Michael Hutchence he was an incredibly gifted soul and I loved his voice and how well he made a great show. I wish I could have been able to see him before he passed away in 1997, but I was too young. I still like the new sounds as well, but there is a big difference, not a bad difference, just a difference.
Top Five Songs: Mystify, Elegantly Wasted, Never Tear Us Apart, Need You Tonight, Kiss The Dirt (Falling Down The Mountain)
– Wes is such a unique and talented soul, he really seems to have such amazing magic around him that you can’t help but be drawn to his music that really speaks on many levels. Wes was on Australian idol and won it. Not your typical idol contestant either. He writes and performs his own music and is a blend of folky/pop sounds that really make me feel lightened/lifted and inspired.
Top Five Songs: When We Were Kings, Fearless, Any Other Way, You, Feels Like Whoa
– An amazing rock band that has had many wonderful albums and amazing songs (favourite would be Vulture Street). I was sad when the band announced they would be calling it quits because I really wanted to see them live, maybe I will have a chance another day, I hope so!
Top Five Songs: Sunsets, Since You’ve Been Gone, (Baby I’ve Got You) On My Mind, How Far Have We Really Come, Stumblin
– This band is just all kinds of awesome. I love the way they sound the sometimes funny/sarcastic lyrics and the general vibe of the band. I hopefully will be able to see them live one day!
Top Five Songs: Emancipate Myself, In The Summertime, I Wish Somebody Would Build A Bridge (So I could Get Over Myself), Someday Someday, 20 Good Reasons
– Missy has such an amazing voice, it really pure and passionate and seems to radiate whatever message she is singing.
Top Five Songs: Scar, Steer, Warm Whispers, Peachy, Nightminds
I apologise my descriptions for my love for the bands has gone plop, I need to go sleepies now, my stupid head is driving me crazy. 🙁
I’ve never heard of any of these bands, but I’m looking them up on iTunes and Google right now :D. I don’t think I’ve ever heard an Australian band, but I’ve heard plenty of Irish bands. My particular favorite is probably Flogging Molly. Hm, have you ever heard of them :P? They’re very Irish-sounding.
<3 Well, I think I'm going to give these bands a listen! Lol.
Amazing, I’ve noticed some terrible lists online, but brussels takes the pastry. bdougs makes some nice recommendations, but think about an oscar earning song in Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah? Neglect the American stigma contrary to the film “Song from the South, ” that song, in conjunction with many older classics, trumps almost everything with your list.Strategy to do your investigation.