Hello! It’s me again. 😂 It’s only been another two months, but I am finally sharing my recap for April & May 2018.
I completed the class, Introduction to Digital Imaging, which involved Photoshop compositions based around pictorialism, photomontage and surrealism. I don’t have as much confidence in Photoshop as I do in Illustrator, so it was an excellent challenge to spend more time in this program.
I was slightly disappointed in myself and my performance. I felt there was an opportunity to create some great work, but I couldn’t seem to lift my creativity to the great heights I aspired too. I was aiming for High Distinctions on assignments, but only achieved Distinctions, which isn’t that bad really. It just means that my GPA will be affected. Not the end of the world, right? 😆
Here are a couple of my favourites that I submitted. You can view more on my study blog.
🧠 Mental Health
The last four months have been hard. I can’t count the number of times I have felt so tired and unmotivated that it was an enormous effort to do simple daily tasks. I know that this is all attributed to the bad news from February & March and also trying my best to complete my Uni class.
I have found myself withdrawn from blogging and social media. At first, I felt very guilty about this and that I was letting my friends down. I have learned that it’s okay, sometimes you have to focus on you, and if that means stepping back from social streams, it’s cool.
I’m taking it slow, making lists and celebrating the small wins.
☁ Other News
- 🎼 Looking forward to an exciting month in August, going to see Pink and Bob Dylan in concert with my twinadillo Claire!
- 🐶 Alice has been a little bit naughty, and I need to continue with training.
- 🖥 I have been working on a couple of logo designs which has been a cool creative challenge (it can be intimidating at first haha 🤣).
- How has your life been?
- Did you do anything exciting in April & May 2018?
- Looking forward to anything later in the year?