2020 So Far
This year has been incredibly hard for so many of us. The effects of Coronavirus (COVID19) have been shocking. It’s devastating that so many lives have been lost all around the world. I could not have imagined that the start of a new decade would bring such distress. There will be a time when we are through it, and normality has returned! 💖
To everyone around the world 🌏, please stay home 🏠, stay clean 🧼, stay kind ❤️ and stay safe 🌷.
My experience through this pandemic has not been hard. I am incredibly lucky for that, and I know for many, it’s a far different reality. As an introvert and someone experiencing mental illness (schizoaffective disorder), I prefer to remain at home and struggle in most social situations. It is strange to realise that a disorder that affects many facets of my life places me in a position to manage self-isolation easily. 😯
I haven’t updated my blog much this year and wanted to reflect on 2020 so far. Strangely, it doesn’t feel like these events were from this year, they feel like a lifetime ago!
🤩 Elton John
In January I attended the Elton John concert in Bathurst and had a great time. It was a performance I will never forget and an opportunity to say goodbye to a music icon on his farewell tour.
⛰️ Capertee Valley
In February, dad and I headed into the Capertee Valley (In NSW, Australia) to capture photographs of the landscape. There had recently been a lot of rain, and everything was incredibly green (if we had visited a month earlier, the drought and deadly fires would have shown a much different place). The scenery was gorgeous! The formations and scale of the mountains against the landscape brought a great appreciation and depth of the natural world.
The photographs were initially for a landscape photography competition on DeviantArt (on our way to Sydney for the Fire Fight Australia concert). Even though I didn’t win, it was still a fantastic opportunity to explore the country and practice my photography.
🔗 You can view more of the photographs on my Flickr account.
🔥🧑🚒 Fire Fight Australia
I had the incredible opportunity of attending the Fire Fight Australia concert on the 16th of January. Proceeds went to supporting bushfire relief efforts, after a devastating season.
Tickets were general admission, and dad and I arrived early. I was lucky enough to be able to get a position in the front row!
There were so many artists that I loved. Many of them were part of the soundtrack of my childhood and to see them live was amazing.
✨ Other Updates
- I am proud to be part of Bearhugs for Australia, a Creatives for Bushfire relief project with all proceeds of designs going towards Australian bushfire relief & recovery.
- I started the class Indigenous Cultures, Histories & Contemporary Realities. I am so pleased that it is a required subject for my degree. Understanding the relationships between peoples and cultures allows you to develop cultural competence and communicate respectfully with people from diverse backgrounds.
- I turned 33!
- I updated my business website Klue. I finally added the work I have completed in the past and look forward to future projects.
- I dyed my hair turquoise. I think pink maybe next (or purple?).
- How have you been coping during COVID19?
- What ways have you found to pass the time during self-isolation?
- What do you plan to do once the pandemic has eased (and it’s safe to go out)?