Twenty Nineteen was a complicated year. The dark shadows of a friends sickness and their passing in November was extremely painful. I had many moments where I quietly hibernated, reflected across my absence on social media.
While I tried to come to terms with the sickness and loss of a friend, I continued to study, completing Professional Writing and Digital Photography. These classes were incredibly helpful in improving my communication and photography skills. I had to take leave for the final session of 2019 because I needed time to heal. I found it considerably hard to concentrate and focus, and I knew it would have a substantial impact on my absorption of the subject.
I had to care for my mum while she recovered after an operation. It was hard to see her so ill. We were incredibly lucky that things were not much worse, and I am so grateful for that.
As hard as 2019 was for much of it, it wasn’t a complete mess. I had great people by my side and continued to work on my businesses and creative projects.
I am hopeful that the beginning of a new decade will bring many positives. You can’t forget the things that have happened, but you can use them to make you stronger.
👑 2019 Highlights
- 🚂I spent time with my friend Claire in Canberra
- 🎨I created several vector freebies
- 🔤I created my first font called Cross Stitched
- 💼I was approved to open a Creative Market store
✨ 2020 Goals
- 👩🏻Don’t be afraid of who I am, connect with others and share positive or personal stories
- 🎓Learn as much as I can from the subjects I study at Uni
- 📷Express my creativity through digital art and photography
- 🎨Create many designs and resources for my Creative Market store
- 📗Make progress or complete my third children’s book
I hope everyone has a beautiful 2020!
I would love to know how your 2019 was, let me know in the comments below 💖.