Another year has come to an end, and as we welcome 2018, I wanted to reflect on my year that was 2017. 🎆
2017 was a year of change and growth. I discovered things about myself, found strength and the courage to make positive choices.
I consider 2017 as a year of positive personal changes. I began to contemplate what was the most important to me and became more accepting of myself. I learnt that there will be good days, filled with creativity and joy and bad days that are sleepy and low. I am lucky to have a fantastic support system from family and close friends who remind me of the crucial details and inspire me to focus on what I love. 💖
The significant events that happened in 2017 were in the latter part of the year. Changing my university degree to Graphic Design/Photography was a huge positive. I also found the confidence to update my blog and use my real name. Aside from those I also worked hard on my previous Uni subjects, receiving HDs and maintaining a 4.0 GPA (Something that is a big deal, because I struggled in High School to pass classes!).
👑 2017 Highlights
- I discussed the things I am thankful for
- Shared my design process
- Went on a beach holiday
- Turned thirty & reviewed my 30 before 30
- Completed a lot of home renovations
- Provided 80 free patterns
- Continued to study hard at University and maintained a 4.0 GPA (Completing Digital Design, Packaging Design & Interactive Design for Web)
- Found out I had a thyroid problem
- Created some practice website designs
- Started working on my third children’s book (and shared my process)
- Changed Universities to study a Bachelor of Creative Arts and Design (Graphic Design/Photography)
- Moved my blog to a new URL and decided to use my real name
⭐ 2017 Goals
- 🍎 Continue to stay healthy and lose more weight
I made some progress on this goal, but I certainly have to keep at it. I did buy a Fitbit Ionic that inspired me to focus on healthier choices and exercise more.
- 🚗 Drive more often (and possibly have a few lessons)
I found it very hard to find the confidence to drive, but I did get back into it. I didn’t have lessons, but something I sincerely intend to do in 2018!
- 👩🏻💻 Study hard and get good grades (HDs please)
- 🚬 Quit smoking for real!
No. 🙁 I am not there yet.
- 💙 Feel positive about myself
I have made progress and began to understand and accept myself more. I have to continue to work on it.
- 💻 Try and blog every week
I didn’t blog every week but was semi-consistent (except in May haha, oops).
- 🏆 Enter creative competitions
I didn’t enter very many, in fact, I can only remember one (where I finished 43rd 😂).
- 📖 Write a third children’s book
I haven’t finished my third book, but I am getting close! Hopefully, it will be complete before February 2018!
✨ 2018 Goals
- 👩🏻 Focus on Me
- 🎓 Work hard at Uni
- 🚘 Take driving lessons
- 👭 Spend time with friends
- 🌠 Get a tattoo
- 👓 Get new glasses
- 📱Take a selfie???
- 🙋🏻Help others
- 🍏Learn new things
- 🧠 Share personal posts about living with mental illness
- 📚 Finish third & fourth children’s book
I wish everyone the best for 2018! I hope that it will be a positive year and look forward to reading about your adventures, on your blog! 😍
- How was your 2017?
- What was the best thing that happened?
- What do you hope to achieve in 2018?